Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Splish Splash!

If you have ever given a puppy a bath, you know how taxing and difficult this can be to accomplish. Puppies wiggle, squirm, try to climb out of the tub, sink or other facility you are bathing them in, not to mention trying to get shampoo on them, thoroughly clean them and get them rinsed. It just makes me tired just thinking about doing that. Well take away all of the fur on the puppy and the slipperyness (if that's a word) factor multiplies ten fold, that is what it is like giving a baby, especially a newborn baby, a bath.


Here is Paytan's first bath, well not her first bath because that was given to her in the hospital (by a nurse that we refer to as either Quasi Moto or Frumpy Pigskin, a long story but she wasn't very nice to anyone) but I wasn't present for that bath as I was in surgery, so this is my first time giving Paytan a bath. Thanks to my parents for getting us a Flip video camera for our anniversary this year. This is how we are able to bring you this video and the many more to come as we reach those milestones during the first year of life with Paytan (and beyond because honestly do you think I am going to stop capturing my child on film once she turns 1? I think not.) Also thanks to my mom for all of the help in bringing Paytan home and guiding my through the process of bathing a newborn, which is a bit more to think about than with a puppy.




2 comments:

  1. She's so purty...and I love her little yell. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I cried this time too! I love that you are documenting all of this! Great job mama!

    ReplyDelete